If you are thinking about starting a new business or have recently started one, this is a valuable workshop for you. Starting a Business: What You Need to Know cuts through the confusion and chaos of what you need to do and think about to start a business.
In just 2 hours, you will gain a clear understanding of all the legal requirements for a start-up business, as well as actions that are simply smart to do. Some of the key topics covered include naming your business, licenses and taxes, insurance, financing sources, elements of a business plan, and marketing considerations. You’ll also hear how SCORE can help you succeed in your new venture.
What You Will Learn
• Options for starting your own business
• The various management hats you will need to wear
• Advantages and disadvantages of legal structures for your business
• The major causes of business failures
• How to avoid legal problems
• Ways to improve your chance of success
Best of all, you’ll leave with a checklist of the 17 things you need to think about and do to be successful at establishing your business. This will be helpful to ensure a productive session with a SCORE Mentor.