Beach Cities Relay For Life Planning Meeting
Be a part of ending cancer by participating in the Beach Cities Relay For Life to help fund vital cancer research and services for those experiencing cancer.
Available Event Leadership Team Committee Positions:
- Event Chair - Serves as the face and voice of ASC and Relay For Life within the community.
- Registration Chair - Oversees the registration of teams /participants, collection of participant data, tracking of incentive prizes, and assists Team Captains/participants with the online and offline registration.
- Food/Hospitality Chair - Sets up secures food donations, prepares, and serves meals for the survivors and their caregivers.
- Luminaria Co-Chair - Luminaria Bags – Decorate & supply teams with bags as well as pick-up / delivery to event
- Luminaria Co-Chair - Luminaria Ceremony – Host and MC the Luminaria Ceremony
- Luminaria Co-Chair- Luminaria Slide Show – create a slide show featuring those who survived cancer and in memoriam
- Survivorship & Caregivers Chair - Recruits, recognizes, and engages survivors / caregivers in the community.
- Sponsorship Chair - Secures financial, in-kind, from new and returning sponsors and thanks them for their support.
- Fight back/Mission Delivery Chair - Drives the fundraising and mission of ACS and Relay For Life.
- Marketing/ Communications Chair - Develops / implement marketing and publicity materials/stories to raise awareness of the RFL event.
- Accounting Chair - Collect and verify money; prepare deposits in accordance with all ACS policies and procedures
- Logistics Chair – Leads all logistics for events, including obtaining permits, sign site contracts, etc.
- Social Media Chair – Post on social media platforms.
- Teams Development Chair & Volunteer Chair – Recruit’s individuals for teams and support them.
- ACS Can - Recruit members for the American Cancer Society Action Network promote to advocate for cancer patients at the government level.
- Opportunity Drawing – Secure items for a drawing and implement the raffle to include selling tickets.
- Programs – Create and produce event programs.
- Publicity - Develops media plan and implements through newsletters, newspapers, press-releases, periodicals, etc.
- Virtual Broadcasting – Create and implement Facebook Live events.
- Photographer – Take and post pictures for Teams and events.
Please arrive promptly at 6:30 pm in the lobby as attendees will be escorted to the Dining Hall. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org